Why do we blow out candles on our birthdays? - A deep insight into it
Ancient Greeks who took their cakes to Artemis placed candles on the cake because it made the cake look as if it was glowing like the moon. The Germans were good candle makers and started to make small candles for their cakes. Some Germans place a big candle in the centre to symbolize the ‘light of life’. Some say that the candles were placed for religious reasons. The candles in the cake represent life, burning brightly for a short time and then snuffed out. The person blowing out the candles is saying, "This much of my life is over -- I'll never get it back, but I still have the breath of life within me and I am in control. I will blow away the past and start anew with this wish." History of birthday celebration starts before the rise of Christianity. In some culture it is believed that on the birthday evil spirit visit .It is belief that by creating so much noise is such parties scarce away the spirits. We blow candles every year when we celebrate our birthday. ...